Here are 7 flowers, which smell heavenly, and also bloom in Goa's forests.
1. Endemic to the Western Ghats, Mammea suriga (surangi), has small fragrant flowers.
2. Jasminum sambac (mogri) is an evergreen shrub with dark green foliage and little, white flowers.
3. Also called Malabar jasmine or wild jasmine, Jasminum malabaricum is native to southern parts of India.
4. Quisquelis indica (madhu malti), also known as the Chinese honeysuckle or Rangoon Creeper, is a vine that is native to tropical Asia.
5. Mimusopes elengi (vovla, bakul) is an evergreen tree, which is found in the tropical forests of South Asia, Southeast Asia and northern Australia.
6. Pandanus sp. (kevda) has several uses, including ayurvedic medicine.
7. Arabian jasmine, Battis mogra, is an annual flowering plant.