In Goa, it is not just the summer season when you get to see flowers bloom, but throughout the year. And, these wild flowers are quite a common sight.
1. Mimusopes elengi are locally known as ovala in Goa.
2. Jasminum malabaricum is called kusar locally and is used to adorn hair.
3. Dendrobium species (orchids) are a common sight and are a pretty addition to gardens.
4. Eranthemum sp are known as Dashmuli locally.
5. In Goa, the fragrant Pandanus plant is called kevda, or hato.
6. Butea Monosperma, with its vibrant flowers, can be seen all over Goa.