The chapel of St Jeronimus is located at Madel, Chorao, Goa's biggest riverine island. The chapel is the only remaining relic of the Chorao seminary.
The 16th century chapel was also known as a celestial school as spirituality and theology were taught here.
The chapel has a circular dome on top and a pillared verandah around it.
It was built in 1761 and is polygonal in shape.
A Mass is celebrated here on the occasion of the feast of the patron.
The chapel, which was in a deteriorating condition, was restored by the Directorate of Archives & Archaeology in 2008.
It is surrounded by a wall which has a seating arrangement from the inside.
The chapel is located on a hill and one has to trek for 300 to 400 meters to get there.