1. Sussegado does not mean ‘lazy’, but striking a balance between work and life. People in Goa are hardworking and not constantly relaxing or lazy.
2. Goa is much more than beaches. There are beautiful historical sites here, if you only know where to look.
3. Goa is culturally important, and houses a UNESCO World Heritage Site ie Old Goa.
4. The people of Goa are called ‘Goans’ (or Goenkar in the local language) and not 'Goanese'.
5. In Goa, you cannot drink or smoke in public places. Doing so is a punishable offence.
6. Not everyone in Goa has names like 'Anthony', 'Pedru', 'David', 'Michael', etc.
7. Goa is home to a variety of unique species of plants, animals, birds, reptiles etc. There are more than 1,512 documented species of plants, 275 species of birds, over 48 kinds of animals and 60 genera of reptiles.
8. Every Goan does not live on the beach. There are villages and cities here, too.