In an unfortunate incident on Monday, three persons sustained burns and bruises due to the sudden outbreak of a fire in a garbage shed next to the Goa International Airport, Dabolim.
The injured were then immediately shifted to the Chicalim government hospital and were given medical treatment.
On Monday, three individuals who were near a garbage shed at the Dabolim Airport (Hansa gate) had to deal with the unfortunate consequences of a fire outbreak. The exact reason that led to the fire is yet to be ascertained.
Speaking to the media, a firefighter from the Vasco fire station said that they received an emergency call at around 10 am on Monday.
The firefighters rushed to the site and tried to douse the fire which broke out at the garbage collection point near Hansa gate.
He also informed us that a total of five fire tenders were pressed into the fire extinguishing operation on Monday morning to avoid any further spread of the fire.
A lady at the site revealed that the three individuals who were working at the garbage point suddenly encountered this fire outbreak and sustained burns. They were shifted to the Sub District Hospital, Chicalim, immediately and are undergoing treatment.