‘Vagator chalenge’ is quite a common phrase one hears from tourists who visit Goa, and so it is no surprise that this place is crowded all the time! Sadly, the Vagator of yore – secluded and peaceful hillock – no longer exists, and, today, standing in place of it is a new Vagator, always full of domestic tourists.
It was the hippies who discovered this secluded place and made it their abode while in Goa. Vagator always gave them a different high. What started off as a place that offered peace of mind, is today a major entertainment hub and no one who comes to Goa wants to go without witnessing Vagator and its night life.
Vagator is known as one of the liveliest places in North Goa and is famous with both, domestic and international, tourists. Everyone who visits Goa has Vagator on their must-visit list. It is blessed with a panoramic view of the sea and no matter where you are seated you will find before you fantastic vistas.
Vagator has neighbouring beaches that enhance its location. To the north is Morjim and to the South, Anjuna, both equally popular for entertainment filled with music.
It doesn’t end there, what people don’t know about Vagator is that just like a coin, it has two sides. There is the main Vagator sunset point and then there is Ozran, also known as small Vagator. Both locations have their USP but today we will highlight where to eat, where to party and where to stay when in Ozran.
Where to party in Vagator?
• Raeeth: A place that is known for being a multi-concept day and night venue with a pool, grill and lounge. It’s a multi-concept day and night venue, that has events 24x7 and a perfect party destination.
WHERE: H No 600, 2, Ozran Beach Rd, next to Waterscapes Resort, Vagator.
• 9 Bar Goa: A place known for its panoramic view of the Vagator beach and epic parties. The place is known for some of the best open-air parties.
WHERE: Small Vagator, Vagator.
• Casa Playa: Known for its Modern European vibes and fine-dining by the sea along with live music, the chic décor is very inviting and the parties by the beach are happening.
WHERE: Small Vagator, Ozran Beach Rd, Vagator,
• Banana Forest: A place known for food, music and arts. The parties here are mostly of the trance variety. If you are looking to pull an all-night party, then Banana Forest is your go-to place. However, there is an entry fee, so check out before you make plans.
WHERE: 600/3, Ozran Beach Rd, Coutinho Vaddo, Vagator.
• Salud: A lounge where you can enjoy some good food and music. It is situated on Ozran cliff, overlooking the magnificent ocean. A must-visit place for their sundowner and techno gigs, which are held every day.
WHERE: 11, Ozran Beach Rd, Coutinho Vaddo, Vagator
Where to stay at in Vagator?
• The Grand Leoney Resort: A resort known as a classy and iconic holiday destination, where every guest is welcomed in true Goan style. The interiors of the cottages are aesthetically designed.
WHERE: Vagator beach road, Anjuna – Vagator, Bardez, Goa.
• Waterscape Beach Resort: Just a walk away from Ozran beach, the property is a lush-green haven with six tasteful wooden cottages, a swimming pool and a multi-cuisine restaurant.
WHERE: 216/5, Ozran Beach Rd, opp. Vagator Football Ground, Small Vagator.
• Stone Wood Resort: A resort perfect for a small group. It combines luxury with affordability. Situated on a dramatic cliff, it gives the guest a picturesque view of the sea. Best known for its cottages with rooms of garden view, sea view and suites.
WHERE: Ozran Beach Road, Small, Vagator.
• Shalai The Cliff Resort: Known as a cliff resort offering a friendly ambience, from well-appointed rooms with jacuzzi and a private pool to spacious common spaces. You will always come back after experiencing its tranquility and luxury.
WHERE: 213/4, Small, Vagator
• I Love Bell Bottoms: This one is a resort known for its unique architecture. The USP is the location, where you are close to all the happening places around. The property has a pub and restaurant so you have everything under one roof.
WHERE: 544, 2, Ozran Beach Rd, Coutinho Vaddo, Vagator.
Where to eat in Vagator?
• Fusion: A quaint-looking restaurant known for its Mediterranean food and wood-fired pizzas. The restaurant has a friendly and cozy environment. It’s a place to unwind with friends and family.
WHERE: Vagator Beach Road, Ozran Beach Rd, D'mello Vaddo, Vagator.
• Chronicle: The place is known for its Italian fine-dining restaurant and cocktail bar. The cocktails are crafted by a mixologist from London. What attracts the crowd is its architecture which is spread over five levels and carved out of a rocky hill.
WHERE: Ozran Beach Rd, Vagator.
• Titlie: Best known for its open-air culinary bar and creative fusion menu that consists of Indian and international ingredients. The property is perched on a hillock overlooking the ocean, which is its USP.
WHERE: Little Vagator beach, above Chronicle
• Salud Kitchen & Lounge: A restaurant and lounge overlooking the sea, it is known to serve delicious fusion Indian and continental cuisine. Everyone who visits looks forward to Salud’s sundowner experience.
WHERE: 11, Ozran Beach Rd, Coutinho Vaddo, Vagator
• OCCO GOA: A sunset beach boutique restaurant, overlooking Vagator beach. The architecture and deco of this restaurant are mesmerizing. They serve some exclusive Lebanese cuisine.
WHERE: Ozran Beach, Little Vagator, Near Club Waters, Anjuna
So the next time you visit Vagator, don’t forget to check out this article to guide you. You will not be disappointed by the suggestions.