Choose from these 10 staycations in Goa!
Are you tired of your regular 9 to 5 work routine and want to relax? Take a break and go on a staycation in Goa and break the monotony of life. The sunny State has a variety of options to choose from when it comes to staycation.
Here are a few options that Gomantak Times digital has experienced:
1. Stay in a beach hut
There is no denying the fact that Goa is a state that is stretched along the coastal belt, with some of the most beautiful beaches. There is no dearth to the time one can spend on the beach. But then, staying on a beach is not the option and you could always opt for a beach hut.
So, here are a few suggestions:
· Orange sky beach hut, Agonda, South Goa.
· Mariposa Beach Grove, Agonda, South Goa.
· Jamaicas Cabo Wabo beach hut, Arambol, North Goa.
· Wonderland hostel, Anjuna, North Goa.
· Anahata Retreat Sea Front Resort, Mandrem, North Goa
2. Enjoy a cottage stay
Also, Goa has a variety of options when it comes to stays. These are not exactly on the beach, but a little away, but nonetheless one can still see the sea.
Here are some options:
· Parijaat Goa Cottage, Anjuna, North Goa
· White Woods Resort, Morjim, North Goa
· Club Palolem, Canacona, South Goa
· Marron Sea View Resort, Canacona, South Goa
· Stone Water Eco Resort, Bogmalo, South Goa
3. Luxury star-rated stays
The term luxury says it all! We all know when luxury is involved, there is utter bliss and everything is available under the sun. Luxury stays normally involve air-conditioned room, private pool, gaming arena, suite, gymnasium, club house etc.
Look at the luxury hotels you can choose:
· St Regis Goa Resort, Mobor, Cavelossim, South Goa
· Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Calwaddo, South Goa
· Grand Hyatt Goa, Bambolim, North Goa
· The Westin Goa, Vagator, North Goa
· Hilton Goa Resort, Saipem, North Goa
4. Budgeted hostels
Not all who come to Goa can afford luxury or beach stays. There are some who are always looking for budgeted stays like hostels. Some of the hostel stays have the vibes of staying in a hotel. It's all about making new friends, fun and creating memories. So, pick your choice:
· Pappi Chulo, Vagator, North Goa
· Gaia Hostel, Anjuna, North Goa
· goSTOPS Goa, Vagator - Rooms & Dorms, Goa Velha, South Goa
· Hostel Mandala, Anjuna, North Goa
· Zostel Goa, Morjim, North Goa
5. Experience Indo-Portuguese architecture
These homestay properties are old Indo-Portuguese houses that have now been converted into homestays. Here, one can experience the true aesthetic vibe of staying in an Indo-Portuguese home and experience Goa of the yore.
As old as these properties are, they are priced on the higher side.
Here are a few options you can choose from:
· The Island Pool Villa, Chorao, North Goa
· Villa Samaara9, Candolim, North Goa
· Lirio-Luxury Indo Portuguese Villa, Saipem, North Goa
· 150 yrs old Portuguese Bunglow, Old Goa, North Goa
· Palacio do Deao, Quepem, North Goa
These eco stays are properties that are environmentally sustainable or hotels that support the importance of environment that has a low impact on nature directly.
A few properties do not provide plastic water bottles, but instead they give glass bottles that can be reused.
Here are a few eco-stays that you can try out:
· Prainha, Dona Paula, North Goa.
· Dudhsagar Spa Resort, Mollem, North Goa.
· Natures Nest Resort, Tambdi Surla, North-Goa.
· La Mangrove Eco Retreat, Galgibaga, SouthGoa.
· Ashiyana Yoga and Spa Village, Mandrem, North Goa.
7. Farm stays
This farm stays offer accommodation with a sense of being in the lap of nature. These stays usually offer a purpose of participating in educational, recreational or social activities.
Here are some farm stays in Goa that you can visit:
· Sharvraj Eco Farm, Sanquelim, North Goa.
· Raj Eco Farms, Saleli, Sattar, North Goa.
· NV Eco Agro Tourism Pvt Ltd, Sanvordem, North Goa.
· Mangaal Farmstay, Quepem, North Goa.
· Gaonkars Nandanvan, Khandepar, North Goa.
8. No site like Campsites
It’s always interesting to try out something new and adventurous. So, if you have the adventure bug in you, camping could be a good option. Take back Goa memories of an outdoor escapade. These campsite stays have surprises in store.
Here are a few campsite options:
· Wigwam, Mandrem, North Goa.
· Love Temple, Arambol beach, North Goa.
· Backwoods Camp, Dharbandora, North Goa.
· Mhadei Jungle Camp by Ojas Agro Farm, Valpoi, North Goa.
· Jungle Book, Colem, North Goa
A villa is ideal for those who travel in a big group and are looking to stay together under one roof. A private villa setting suits best for all those who are looking for some family time far away hustle and bustle of crowded pools and hotel rooms. Here they get a chance to have all the privacy.
Here are a few private villas you can choose from:
· Cardano Villa, Calangute, North Goa.
· Ochre Villa, Assagao, North Goa.
· Bara Bungalow, Mormugao, South Goa.
· Villa Serenity Goa, Sangolda, Mapusa, North Goa.
· Heritage Exotica Villa, Arpora, North Goa.
These holiday apartments are usually a seasonal or temporary option most suitable for those who travel for a couple of day or months on a long lease.
The option of renting an apartment suits best for those who want a feeling of home away from home. Apartments come with kitchen and laundry area, essential components of a home.
See these holiday apartments:
· Casa Margarida, Calangute, North Goa.
· Siolim Suites, Siolim, North Goa.
· B&F Kensington Square, Siolim, North Goa.
· Areia De Goa, Arpora, North Goa.
· Vistara By The Beach, Colva, South Goa.